Monday, August 18, 2014

“I Am Good Enough”: The Lesson I’m Struggling to Teach Myself (and My Kids)

I looked at myself in the mirror. I turned a bit to the side, sucked in my stomach, put my hand on my hip, raised my head a little, and studied the image peering back at me. Then I let out my breath, dropped my arms, and burst into tears. The voice that resides in my head sneered at me. “You are a fat, ugly, stupid loser. That is why no one will ever want you.” The voice is not nice. In fact, she can be downright callous and mean. I don’t like her. I try to ignore her heartless words, remembering that her cruelty stems from her insecurity. Still, more often than not they find their mark, making me doubt everything I believe about myself.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

1 comment:

Nikki T said...

Dawn,
I think you are doing a wonderful job with this lesson. Ultimately, we all have self doubt. But you are teaching your(self) and children that said self doubt, should never dominate and to always get back up. They are so very lucky to have a strong independent woman as their mom.

Stay strong girlfriend! And thanks for always making us smile, laugh and relate to this crazy journey of life!

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative