Thursday, May 5, 2011

Triage

My life is a triage. According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of triage is: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors

I don't like the whole "maximizing the number of survivors" part. I mean, I hate to think that if I make the wrong choice in attending to my children, some may not survive. That's pretty extreme. But really, this is how I feel most days. I can't help one with their homework, get a snack for another, drive another to their ball game, help another find their shoes, get medicine for yet another, and help the last one get the carrot out of his nose all at the same time. I feel like I'm always trying to figure out who needs the most attention immediately and who can wait a bit. Then I reassess and make sure I haven't shoved the same kid on the back burner too many times. I want to make sure I ignore each kid equally.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit FAQS Photos Video Fun Mom's Time Out Get In Touch

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Pulse Point Design