Friday, May 6, 2011

Pass the Puffs


Most days, I go with the flow, looking at the bright side of things because, let’s face it, it’s way more fun to laugh than to dissolve into a puddle of tears, right?

And then there are days like today.

My ex has started showing up at my kids’ baseball/softball/hockey games lately. Not all of them; just now and then. He doesn’t stay for the whole game; just stops by and puts in an appearance. It’s a Hey, look at me, I’m a dad! act. Perhaps he’s only allowed to stay for half an hour because his dad drives him to the kids’ games and I’m pretty sure his dad doesn’t want to stick around that long. He doesn’t get out of his truck and say so much as say hi to his grandkids so I can understand his boredom. Then again, he really didn’t talk to or interact with my kids before the divorce either. But my ex has to be driven by his parents because after you’ve gotten three DUIs, the state doesn’t generally let you keep your license.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Sorry Dawn for all you go thru on behalf of your ex. He is really a @#$*head and I think you should ban him from any contact with Jackson. You've been thru so much trying to get Jax to a good place and don't need anymore crap right now. You need to do what is best for the family and not having Joe there is what's best. You, my friend, as they say "can't get out of town fast enough". That fresh start in Florida is just what you and the kids need.

Isolet Jansen said...

Dawn, is it no possible to get some kind of court order that he is not allowed within a million yards of Jackson?

Mimicutelips said...

Keep the faith, and I know you will. Just hold on a little while longer. In two short months you and the kids will start fresh and find your happy.

As a child growing up with no dad I understand how your son feels. To have a parent show up pretend they are parenting sucks you back into a place you have tucked away. A place that makes you sad and angry knowing there isn't anything you can do to change it. I'm 31 years old and I still get sucked in and get angry.

However CHANGE IS GOOD, so just continue to hold on and keep the faith. In two short months there will be NO MORE POP UP PART TIME PARENT VISITS.

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit FAQS Photos Video Fun Mom's Time Out Get In Touch

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Pulse Point Design