Thursday, February 24, 2011

Come to California!

My mom saved a box of school work from when I was in grade school, and at some point, she dumped all this crap on me gave me this wealth of blogging material. I was looking through the box this evening when I found the most awesome little booklet I made back in May of 1978. I was eight years old at the time. It's a travel guide for California. Hey, Jerry Brown, you might want to use this in your advertising. I'm tellin' ya, you'll have people flooding to California when they see this compelling gem!


Right there, you have some amazing graphics! I mean, the cover of this travel brochure alone makes me want to hop a plane west! Yeah, so the fisherman apparently has a bad case of gout. Maybe that's why he needs to go fishing for a bigger boot. But still, California looks appealing despite that, don't you think? I mean, the sun is smiling down on the poor fisherman with the disfigured foot and that's always a good sign!


Ahhh, yes, the famous Motel 6 of Napa. I believe I saw Robin Leach feature this hotel just last month! And at only one dollar a night, you really can't beat it! Now that's affordable luxury! But this travel guide also includes an impressive itinerary. Not only can you stay at the Napa Motel 6 for two nights, but you can spend a third night at the Ramada in San Francisco!


I bet you didn't know you could take the clark to the airport from the Ramada in San Francisco, did you? Well, you can!

This travel guide even has an exhaustive list of all the things you can do in the great state of California!

* Fisherman's Wharf
* Cable Cars
* China Town
* Shops
* Lunch



Ah yes, and if you want to swim, you can go to California because both the Motel 6 and the Ramada have pools! I know! It's impressive, huh?

You're welcome, California. I'm sure this blog post is going to send thousands of people running to their computers to book their vacations to sunny CA! Or maybe a hundred. A dozen. One? I'm sure at least one person will check out California. You know, because I'm going to check it out now. . .

11 comments:

petunia6348 said...

And then you could come see me!!! I want to stay at the Motel 6 because it is cheaper than paying for my house here! LOL! I love this. So cute! P.S. Don't tell anybody the weatherman is saying it is going to snow here tomorrow!

Unknown said...

A gal on a forum I visit was just asking for suggestions for where to stay and what to see/do while in SF later this year. I'll have to link her up!

noexcuses said...

And Southwest is offering some really cheap rates for a few weeks!

Napa is nice, but L.A. is the place to be this weekend! Too bad I live in Missouri!

I see where the kids get their artistic talent!

Love this post!

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact.. I will be sometime next month :) But I lived there lol so I don't think I count.

Forty Pound Sack said...

California should definately have you on the payroll. Oh, wait...are they still doing IOU's? Maybe they could pay you in surfing lessons or something....

Kris Roach said...

Wow, that is impressive...I have to say, my biggest laugh was when you said the fisherman had gout...I don't know why, but that was hilarious...

How many people visit your blog everyday? Everytime I see your map, it is loaded with red dots visiting your blog....CA should pay you for this big plug!!!

V1nce said...

You should be very proud how your writing skills have developed over time!!! Most improved!

Unknown said...

I'm making my reservation RIGHT NOW. And I'm moving in to that Motel 6. $1 a night? Rock on.

ELC said...

This is precious--I'm sure it's encouraging you to save your kids artwork, too!

Carolyn said...

This blog should by used in Motel 6 ads. I'm sold!

Mama-in-Ausbildung said...

I've been to CA a couple of times, but honestly, this would make me go there again asap. Especially the really great prices ;)

It's awesome, that you still got these.. my mom lost all of them because of a little flood in the basement =( Really sad! Would have been perfect blogmaterial for me, too!

Hugs,

MiA
http://mama-in-ausbildung.blogspot.com/

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative