Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas in January

I was going through some pictures and realized that I never put any up from Christmas with my inlaws.


Here's my cute little niece, Ryan. I just like to hold her and cuddle her and sniff her sweet little baby head. What is it about baby's heads that just smell so... babyish? Ahhh.
She hates me though. She screams every time I try to hold her. :(


Here's my little punk, Clay with his favoritist, Lightning McQueen!


And Miss Lexi, happy with her Hannah Montana design toy.


Jax looking too cool for pictures.


Aj with his shirt that reads, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's Hey! Free eyeball!"


My Savannah jammin to her tunes.


And here's Miss Brooklyn in all her dress-up clothes. She's such a girly-girl. See the skirt she's wearing? It's her "pokey pokey skirt". Joe's grandma, Rose gave Lex and Brooklyn these skirts that come with little music boxes in a hidden pocket. These music boxes play the Hokey Pokey. Again and again and again and again and again.... Gee, thanks Rose!


Speaking of Rose, this is Joe's grandma. Ever since I've known her, she's been one feisty lady; always saying what's on her mind; sharp as a tack. She's the one I twittered about last week. She fell and broke her leg. She was hospitalized because of the break and the fact that she had bleeding in her brain and couldn't remember the event.
I'm happy to say the bleeding in her brain is much better. She needed surgery on her femur to repair it, but doctors couldn't operate until her blood was thicker (she'd been taking too much Coumadin and her blood was too thin to do surgery for a couple days.) Her surgery went well, but then she had problems with fluid in her lungs. With diuretics, doctors were able to fix that. Then, because all that other stuff wasn't enough, off the Coumadin, she developed blood clots in her legs! They were able to put a filter in her veins to keep the clots from traveling. Whew! So that's where she stands right now. It looks like she just fell and didn't suffer a stroke like was originally thought. She's recovering well and should be moved to a rehab facility soon. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers!

23 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm so glad she made it through all that. It sounds like the worst is over and she should be up and moving before you even expect it. My uncle fell down the stairs and it didn't work out too well. He ended up trapped in his body for another year.

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Grandma Rose reminds me of MY Grammau! She was a pistol! Wasn't afraid to say ANYTHING!!

Continuing to pray for her recovery!

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be praying for Rose. She is the poster child for why they say growing old is not for wimps. The least little thing becomes a base for all the other things that aren't all that significant by themselves, but when you pile up 5 or 6 at a time, even a minor thing becomes a major deal! I'm so glad to hear she didn't have a stroke. God bless her with a complete and speedy recovery.
Thanks for the pictures. Your children are beautiful, by the way - but then you knew that already. And your little niece is simply 'dorable! :)

Beth said...

It was very early in the morning when i read this, and my brain wasn't up yet. The very first thing i thought on the first picture was, "hey! i thought Brooklyn was older than that." and then i started trying to figure out how many months it had been since Christmas. haha. duh!

very cute pictures

i'll try reading your blog later in the day next time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, Tell Joe we have his Grandma in our Prayers! I just love Grandma's, they are so presious in our lives. Also, Where did you get the Loose an eye shirt? I have a friend with a glass eye and he would totally laugh at that shirt! Kristine in Michigan.

noexcuses said...

Grandma Rose seems like a real fighter. Praying that she comes back to her feistiness very soon!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your kids. They are all so handsome and beautiful. I want a hokey hokey skirt!

Kim said...

Great photo's of your children, I love Brooklyn's out fit, she looks like a little princess! :) Im glad to here that Rose is doing much better! She's in my thoughts and prayers!

Jennifer in Wisconsin said...

Glad to hear Rose is doing better. The Hockey Pokey skirt, we have one too. My girls took the music maker out of the skirt and will play that thing EVERYWHERE in the house. We also have the ballet song skirt too. Augh! Thanks Gramda

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I can really see the weight loss in your face! You look great! What are you doing? (Exercise or starving?)

Lisa said...

I thought the skirts were pretty cool so we just bought one for our daughter, thanks for the idea. I wonder if I should invest in ear plugs...

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

You have a beautiful family Dawn. I think the youngest girl is really cute. I know you are truly proud of your family. So sorry about Rose. I will be praying for her speedy recovery. God bless.

MaBunny said...

HAHA pokey pokey skirt, thats cute! Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

Patois42 said...

Good news and great pictures. (Well, not good news about Ryan "hating you," 'tho I'm thinking "hate" is probably too extreme.)

Tina Wagner said...

For SSO: Ok, Thanks a BUNCH for listing that shirt that Austin got for Christmas("It's all fun & games...")-now MY son wants one so....where'd you get it? Also, my 2 y.o. came running in to see what all the laughing was about and now SHE wants a Pokey Pokey skirt. So...where'd Grandma Rose pick up that little number? Jeesh~reading this *free* blog is starting to cost me~~
Unrelated-thank you so very much for adding levity to my life. I'm SO happy for you, all of your success, but mostly for the service you give of helping us all know that our most important jobs (mom) is wonderfully chaotic and it's ok, nay-encouraged, to laugh daily!!! U ROCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn... thanks for sharing your pictures. Little niece Ryan looks just like you !!! I mean it !

Give grandma Rose a hug. She sounds like a real fighter.

You look great ! And I love your hair. Seems like Ryan and Jackson have the same color hair as you.
Cool.

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to hear Grandma Rose is better!

And I love how I scroll down and all of your kids look normal...
and then there's Brooklyn. LOL

Mum - Mainly Upbringing Monsters said...

OMG! Savannah & Brooklyn are pulling the same smiles. Brooklyn is like Savannahs 'mini me'!!!!

Vivian M said...

So glad Rose is healing on her way to recovering from her fall. And very glad to hear she did not have a stroke!
Love the "girly girl" outfit too!

Michelle said...

Aww look at you so pretty in your Christmas makeup! You look great, Dawn.

And for the skirts... if there's a pocket, don't pockets sometimes get holes? And if there was a hole, might not a music box fall our? Then might said music box get misplaced? And then might there never be a litany of hoky poky again? Just sayin'

And so glad to hear that Rose is doing better. I went through similar fix one thing only to break another issues with my gram for years. It's no fun for anyone... but here's hoping she gets into and out of the rehab center quickly!

Anonymous said...

My son must have one of those shirts, where did you get it?

Cheryl said...

Wow, Joe's grandma has really been through a lot! I will definitely keep her in my prayers that she will be on the mend from now on with no more complications.

Oh, and Brooklyn looks SO adorable in all her dress-up clothes!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update on Grandma. Been thinking about her and meaning to ask you.

She continues to be in my prayers!

Donna in PA :)

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative